【對焦中英翻譯】不划算、待不住的英文要怎麼說?9句中文用語的英文道地翻譯


為什麼要勤學英文成語? 一方面,是要熟知日常英文用語,另方面,是為了替諸如「動多快」、「不划算」、「待不住」、「坐享其成」、「忙不停」、「用膝蓋想也知道」這類不容易翻譯的Chinese colloquialisms尋找適當的英文對應,增進說寫道地英文的能力,若是放棄這一塊,很多中文詞語將無法傳達。
1. 動作快 get cracking(idiom)
大寶,動作要快,不然你會遲到。
You'd better get cracking Dabao or you'll be late.

2.不划算 the game wasn't worth the candle (idiom)
我出了一本書,但賣不到幾本,不划算。
I published a book but sold very few copies; the game wasn't worth the candle.

3. 坐享其成 get a free ride (idiom)
事實上,我不是無所事事、坐享其成。
As a matter of fact, I wasn't just sitting around, getting a free ride.

4. 甚麼事都管 have a finger in every pie(idiom)
老闆喜歡甚麼事都管。
The boss likes to have a finger in every pie.

5. 待不住 get itchy feet (idiom)
我回家才幾個月就待不住了。
I've only been back home for a few months and I've already got itchy feet.

6. 忙個不停 be rushed off one's feet(idiom)
我們整天忙個不停,但到底我們做了甚麼?
We've been rushed off our feet all day, but what have we actually achieved?

7. 用膝蓋想就知道 no-brainer (idiom)
據說,開這輛肇事汽車的人是一位陸軍將領的兒子,所以接下來發生的事用膝蓋想就知道。
The driver of the car, allegedly, was the son of an Army general. So what happened next was a no-brainer.

8. 發洩出來 get it out of your system(idiom)
把妳的感受告訴妳老公,最好發洩出來。
Tell your husband how you feel - it's better to get it out of your system.

9. 得了吧 give it a rest (idiom)
你講的都是政治,得了吧,拜託!All you talk about is politics - give it a rest ... please!



你可能會喜歡這些文章: